Is your adult child battling an addiction? Have you suffered the loss of your child due to an addiction?
The trauma and grief may be putting a strain on your marriage. You or your partner may be experiencing stress-related anxiety, depression, or physical symptoms. If these symptoms are not improving, or are affecting your ability to function in your daily life, this may be a good time to seek assistance.
I offer a unique, individualized program that offers a four step process to assist couples who are struggling with the addiction of their child.
My program consists of 8-10 sessions and includes the following:
Please note that this program is flexible and can be tailored to meet your individual circumstances as well as the needs of your partner.
Substance Abuse Topics for Parents
- Options for your child if treatment is needed
- Setting boundaries with your child
- Understanding your child’s addiction
- Communication skills
- Understanding different perspectives regarding your child, addiction, and parenting
- Making your relationship a priority
- Learning to support each other for a stronger relationship and united future
Trauma Treatment for Parents
- Working with you to decrease your trauma response
- Learning to work through triggering
- Detaching with love as necessary for your own health and well-being
Stress Reduction Techniques for Parents
- Relaxation skills
- Meditation exercises
- Guided imagery
- Self-hypnosis training
- Mindfulness training
- Health & Wellness Habits
I also offer Couples Coaching and Couples Counseling Sessions. Please refer to How I Help for detailed information about my services.